Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Message from Dr. Andrew Tatarsky

Dear Friends,

I am putting together a piece on empirical support for harm reduction psychotherapy for my website. www.andrewtatarsky.com I have thought for years that we need one spot where people can go to find the evidence supporting this approach and this will be a beginning for me.

There is much indirect support for harm reduction psychotherapy from 50 years of research on therapeutic alliance, goal choice, motivational interventions, etc. I wonder if you are aware of any studies that have looked specifically at harm reduction psychotherapy that you can let me know of, send copies of or point me to. I am also interested in gathering the work on indirect support and would love to know what you are aware of in this area as well.

I will keep you posted on my results and I appreciate any and all thoughts on this subject.

Best,
Andrew Tatarsky, PhD

No comments: